Hard Disk Sentinel DOS is a free software application from the File & Disk Management subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-05-05. The program can be installed on MS-DOS, Other.
Detect and display hard disk drive and SSD health and temperature information without starting the installed operating system. The software can be started from a suitable bootable floppy, CD, pendrive, memory card or USB hard disk to diagnose IDE/SATA hard disks and SSD devices in the system without touching any data stored on them.
Perfect tool to diagnose hard disk issues and manage hard disk noise by setting the acoustic level of the disks.
HDSDOS after startup immediately displays
- detected hard disk controllers and their vendor and device IDs
- size, model ID, serial number, revision of all IDE/S-ATA hard disks connected to the motherboard or these devices
- current temperature and highest temperature ever measured by the hard disk
- health and performance values
- full text description with the details of errors, problems, recommended actions
- optionally: current acoustic level (configurable)
- optionally: complete S.M.A.R.T. details
- optionally: hard disk hardware security status
Detailed reports can be saved to floppy or the USB pendrive about the current status.
Comes in different formats to make bootable floppy, CD, USB drive (pendrive, memory card, etc)
Hard Disk Sentinel DOS (version 1.20) has a file size of 600.00 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 1430 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of Hard Disk Sentinel DOS since it was posted on our website on 2015-04-25.
The latest version is 1.20 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2017-07-01.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2016-05-05
Added support for 3000+ hard disk and SSD models, improved support of SATA 6G drives, high capacity drives over 2 TB. Improved text description, power on time, health reporting
posted on 2010-04-15
Full text description about hard disks with errors found, displaying highest temperature ever measured, AHCI controller support, bootable USB pendrive creation